As a team we are ambitious and we give our all
to deliver what we have promised
– great customer experiences.
As a team we are ambitious and we give our all to deliver what we have promised – great customer experiences.
Join our Team
Our team is part of our collective family
– and we always make time for family.
We recognise our purpose to deliver great customer experiences is only possible because of our people. We appreciate our dedicated teams and talented individuals.
We believe in creating a dynamic, inclusive and supportive work environment, for individuals to grow, discover their full potential and feel part of our team. Our group is growing, evolving and expanding, creating exciting new career opportunities.
Grounded by our generational experience and with innovation at our core we strive to provide the highest quality of service, focusing on our teams, their fulfilment and well-being.
Our team’s success is built on hard work and integrity, we give our all to deliver what we have promised. Humility means acknowledging our own strengths and skills – whilst leaning on and learning from the talent around us. Everyone in our team’s voice is respected and heard.
If interested in joining our team and an exciting new opportunity, please fill out the short form below or email us at [email protected]
Hilliard’s, Killarney’s newest restaurant is reminiscent of old school glamour with a genuine sense of fun. For 148 years, the property traded as a department store on Killarney’s main thoroughfare. As before, Hilliard’s has a family business at it’s core. It is the stylish elder sister of JM Reidy’s and The Porterhouse.
Hilliard’s offers a variety of experiences in small plates and signature mains, composed of the freshest local ingredients to our newly launched brunch menu. In a space thoughtfully designed to be welcoming and inviting, Hilliard’s was recently nominated “Best Cocktail Experience” and our Executive Chef, Diarmuid Murphy was voted Best Chef in Kerry in the recent Restaurant Association Awards.
As we continue to expand with new projects in our group, we are seeking a talented Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef who is seeking career progression to join us in Hilliard’s and work alongside our skilled team and Executive Chef Diarmuid Murphy.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Head Chef will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the kitchen areas and personnel, ensuring the quality preparation of all menu items to the highest standards.
- Hands on and enjoys working in a fast paced environment and ability to control service from the front to ensure maximum results during peak periods.
- To be efficient with all aspects of ordering and assisting with stocktakes and controlling set out margins.
- Passionate and committed to implementing new menu ideas introduced with Executive Chef and continuously striving to offer a point of difference.
- To promote positive work relationships with suppliers, service personnel and other departments.
- To ensure that HACCP is implemented and documented efficiently, ensuring that all standards are maintained.
- To help develop a team spirit amongst the kitchen staff to maintain a cohesive team and ability to prioritise, organise and delegate work assignments to staff.
- Co-ordinates roster scheduling and oversees staff training, productivity and performance
The right candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in a Sous Chef role or above and will be passionate and motivated to really take on an exciting role where they will have the support and resources available to succeed.
What We Offer
We can offer an enjoyable working atmosphere with an opportunity to showcase and develop a career in a creative and supportive environment. Attractive salary and terms available.